Thursday, March 26, 2009

BLIZZARD!!!

We've hardly had a winter here in Denver this year, in fact, we've probably had more 60-70 degree days than days in the 30s, so here it is the end of March and we are on a blizzard warning until 6a Friday morning. I must say that I predicted this! We desperately need the moisture, since Jan 1 I think we've only had about 4" of precipitation. We are only expecting 8-16" but the very high winds will classify it as a blizzard.

I've had a lingering sore throat and cough since Monday night (it might have something to do with the hot/cold weather) and all symptoms kicked it up a notch in the middle of the night. I didn't sleep since I can't breathe and coughed non-stop. And since I'm technically still in my 1st trimester I get to suffer this one out since OTC medicines are out of the question. I'm taking the blizzard as a sign from above that I need to lay on the couch today and get better.

None of this is good timing though, my girlfriend, Becky, and I are throwing a baby shower for our friend, Lynda, on Saturday here at our house. Not only do I still have a long to do list, Lynda has a many out of town guests coming to town today and tomorrow. My to do list will get done (I will lay here and make my honey do list) but I pray Lynda's guests arrive without any major issues.





On a side note, our friends out here in Denver, Becky and Phil Shew, welcomed a darling baby boy on Monday evening. Becky and baby, Andrew James Shew, are doing great! We a so happy for them and can't wait to meet the little guy. Here is a pic of the beautiful new mom and baby.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I heard of the blizzard this morning. I figured it was coming your way! I was real sick in my 1st-2nd trimester and I was able to take the red sudafed pill. That helped some. Can you take that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah, is Becky and Phil the couple that we went to the Piano bar with? If that is them, tell them I said CONGRATS! :) Either way, Congrats to them!!

    ReplyDelete