Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nothing too exciting to post but an update for those who are bored at work and need something to read :-)

For the past week or so, we've been busy with nursery planning and the baby registry. Both are fun but completely exhausting!

For the nursery, I've ordered all the furniture, bedding and decorative wall stuff. I still have a long list of things to do though, like get the current furniture out, have two can lights replaced with a ceiling fan, paint, add closet organizers, pick out window treatments (or use my new found sewing skills and make some) and find some other odds and ends that I want. We don't really have a theme but we've chosen denim blue, navy, red and white along with all things sports and trucks - no pastels for this little boy. Many would say, "relax, you don't have to have everything complete and ready by October 8th" but for those of you who know me, you know that it actually needs to be ready and perfect by September 1st or earlier. :-)

The baby registry was as overwhelming as I expected but I did a lot of research and got a lot of great advice from friends who are new parents before we went to the ever daunting Babies R Us. It went better than I expected, in fact, I think it went better than our wedding registry. I'm a little concerned though because Chad and I wrestled with most baby strollers and other baby things trying to get them to close up. I'm hoping the "ease" as advertised comes with a little practice. I literally thought we were going to break one stroller in half trying to fold it up to no avail. I'm sure it was entertaining to the fly on the wall. My other concern is where in the heck are we going to put all of this stuff?!?!

Signing off for now... XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you posted this just for me didn't you? Lol Bored At Work is my middle name. But don't stress all the small stuff. You will get things and then realize you don't need them, or hate them. Jogger strollers are the best, but find ones that are light and easy to push. And don't get any of that silly baby bathtub stuff. He'll be in the sink. I put a towel down in the sink and plop Tristan in. He screams when I take him out now!

    ReplyDelete