Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Over halfway...

Last Thursday, we hit the 20 week mark so we are over halfway there! It is hard to believe that we are officially on the down slope and our baby boy will be here in a little over 4 months!

Until Wednesday of last week I wasn't 100% sure that I had felt him kick, I thought I had but it hadn't been consistent enough for me to swear that it was him and not indigestion. All of that changed last week, Wednesday morning he started kicking and pretty much kicks throughout the day. Chad can even feel him which is really cool. Everyone I had talked to described the first kicks as a "flutter" but I would definitely describe it more as a beating pulse or even popcorn popping. I love feeling him but I'm a little worried about the intensity of his kicks as he grows. He is definitely an active little thing but I'm assuming that will lessen as he gets bigger and has less room to move.

As always, we spent the Memorial Day weekend at our place on Lake Norman with all our east coast friends. The weather wasn't the best but it was relaxing which Chad and I both needed. Auntie Megan Woo came down from DC and brought baby his 1st Build-a-Bear which is decked out in camo and hunting boots. We also visited Rusty and Lara and got to meet their new baby, Sydney, who is a doll! They gave baby his 1st VT onesie, little VT hat for the hospital and VT sippy cup for tailgating next year.

1 comment:

  1. Now there is the bump I was looking for! You look too cute!

    ReplyDelete