Monday, July 13, 2009

A Baby Party for Colton in NC!

This past weekend my girlfriends, Kim, Hope and Megan, hosted a baby party for Chad, Colton and I in Charlotte, NC. Now, just to be clear, "baby party" is not to be confused with "baby shower" - this was definitely not your traditional shower. Men were invited, there were no baby games and many found a new reason to have a few too many drinks (but I will not mention any names!)

Originally the party was going to be a surprise but about 2 weeks before things got complicated and Kim and Hope decided to tell me since they thought I knew already. I didn't know, but I'm not one for surprises anyway so I'm glad I knew in advance.

The baby party was a blast! It was held at lunch time at a really neat restaurant and then everyone came back to our place for cake, lots of beers, cornhole and boating. The party went until almost midnight! All of our friends from all over NC plus my sister and niece from Richmond, VA were able to join and Megan and her man, Mike, came down from DC. I think there were about 20 of us in all.

My girls did an awesome job with the party...Colton is one lucky little guy to have such amazing "Aunties!"

We received a lot of great gifts and just appreciate that everyone was able to join us to celebrate!

We got some really cute stuff but this onesie from Auntie Kim is hilarious....
Here is a link to all the pics from the party from the photographer, Kim: http://babymeadesparty.shutterfly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment