Saturday, October 17, 2009

2 Weeks Old


Yesterday Colton turned 2 weeks old! My how time flies when you are feeding, diapering, washing little laundry and trying to cat nap when possible!

Colton had a 2 week check-up yesterday and is doing great. He is just shy of his birth weight (he lost almost 10% in the hospital) and has grown 3/4 of an inch. All and all he is eating and sleeping great! Other than waking every 3 hours to eat, we are doing pretty good with the sleep so we find ourselves very thankful.

In the last week, we've noticed a major change in his alertness and his new love for a pacifier in the evening hours. I will admit that I was torn about giving him a "paci" but when he is fussy and it satisfies him I really don't care! We will cross the "getting rid of paci" road when we get there. I figure the pacifier is better than a thumb since eventually you can throw a paci away but a thumb is there to stay.

This week we also did newborn pictures. A photographer came to our house to take sweet, sleepy newborn pics. Well, who would have thought when I made the appt. weeks before he was born that 10a would be his regular "awake" time. My nerves were shot at the end of the 2.5 hr session and I'm just praying we have at least one good picture for his birth announcements! I got a look into what family photo sessions are going to be like...stressful for mom!

2 comments:

  1. He looks great and you and Chad wil be great parents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how precious looks like he is a perfect boy dressed so cute Misty. you are a great Mom an Chad a wonderful father so proud of you both..
    May God bless this wonderful family...

    ReplyDelete