Monday, May 18, 2009

2nd Annual Redneck Rendezvous


For any of you following the blog that is unfamiliar with the Redneck Rendezvous, I will try to explain...last year Chad and I had a vision of getting family and friends together for a field day on our farm in VA. Last year was our 1st annual and it was so much fun that we decided we needed to make it a family tradition. We basically have a day of 16+ field day games (sack race, wheel barrow, orange pass, tug-o-war, etc.) and it also includes a LOT of mud, 4-wheelers, BBQ, camping and guns thus "Redneck Rendezvous" was the best way to sum up the day!

This year was just as fun as last year and more organized. The weather was wonderful and thankfully cooler (last year we reached 90+ degrees) and we had all the food catered which was a great addition. We probably had almost 100 family and friends gathered for the event and it did not disappoint. The Green team came out the victors, taking the Red teams title from last year.

Chad and I camped out both nights and the 2nd night included a horrible down pour of rain and crazy wind. Although I was only a referee this year, I was utterly exhausted on Sunday but it was definitely worth it. I think I may have overdone it just a little so I will try to spend the Memorial Day weekend relaxing a little more.

This year there are 6 babies being born in the family between July and Mid-October so we are going to try to have a baby crawling contest!

Below is a video of the newest game addition to the field day line up, it is called the Pole-in-the-Hole and although a lot of cheating went on it was hilarious!!


A link to all of my RR pics on Kodak Gallery: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=19ldgnty.7aq5kw3i&x=0&y=w3sfgd&localeid=en_US

1 comment:

  1. I think this is absolutely awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete