Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Morning Update

We had a very eventful weekend so say the least! Friday night we went to the Eric Church concert (the 3rd time we've seen him), Saturday we ran errands and went to the Crawfish Boil of some crazy Cajuns and Sunday I volunteered in the pouring rain and cold at a Breast Cancer Walk and then we had dinner with Becky and Brian and Brian's parents. It was a great weekend but a little exhausting!

The Crawfish Boil was a 1st for both of us and it did not disappoint. The girl who has done my hair for 4+ years and her husband are from LA and they have a ton of true LA friends out here. They have an annual crawfish boil and we had the pleasure of attending this year. Chad and I learned the proper way to crack and eat crawfish and I must admit they were yummy! We also had some true Cajun jambalaya and bread pudding that were delicious!


Sunday was Mother's Day and I must admit it was fun to have a new holiday. Mother's Day is typically pretty sad for me but yesterday had a new perspective. Although I must admit that it is bitter sweet, it breaks my heart that our baby will never get to meet the wonderful woman who influenced my life so much. Chad bought me some flowers and a gift certificate to a wonderful spa for a pre-natal massage, mani and pedi! He knows what will make this mama smile for sure! Dinner last night was a real treat too with Becky and Brian and Brian's wonderful parents from CA.

So, Wednesday is the BIG day when we have our 2nd trimester U/S!!! If you haven't already, take a guess at Baby Meade's gender, height, weight, and features before we find out the sex: http://bebepool.com/mmeade. I've recently had a dream (or should I say nightmare) that the baby had his/her legs crossed and they weren't able to tell us the gender and refused to give me a later U/S. I really hope this is not the case because I need to know pink or blue and the sooner the better!

Stay tuned for Wednesday's update.....

1 comment:

  1. Tell that baby bump to get bigger already!

    ReplyDelete