Monday, August 24, 2009

Another awesome baby shower!

On Saturday, my girlfriends Becky and Lynda, hosted an awesome baby shower for me here in Colorado. I was blown away by all the adorable and creative decorations and the incredibly tasty lunch! Becky and Lynda really outdid themselves.

The theme was cowboy...which how appropriate is that for a boy named Colton that will be born out west and the child of parents who love to wear their cowboy boots and listen to country music?! The lunch menu consisted of a delicious cold salmon, roasted veggies, a beautiful summer salad and watermelon/tomato/basil skewers. For dessert we had key lime tarts (key lime is my favorite) and chocolate mousse tarts...yum! The guest favors were little hobo bags that contained all my favorite candies (Starbursts, Reese's PB cups and Peanut M & Ms).



I also had two special visitors for the weekend that flew from Dallas for the shower, Amy Whitehead and her daughter, Lexi. Amy and her husband, Adam, used to be our neighbors that we spent many Saturdays watching college football with along with many other times of fun. Amy is an avid Buckeye fan but gave us some of the cutest and unique Hokie gear that she had handmade in Dallas.


I know what you are thinking...isn't this like Misty's 3rd shower? Yes, you are right. It was my 3rd (and final) shower and each of them were completely different and so perfect in every way! Chad and I both feel so blessed and so loved to have so many people that want to celebrate this special time in our lives. I've said it several times before and I'm going to say it again, Colton is one lucky little boy to enter a world with so many people who already love him!

All of the pics are on Facebook if you want to take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment