Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A new niece is born!!! Welcome to the world Miss Riley Grace White!

Yesterday, August 18th, my niece, Lacy, and her husband, Boomer, welcomed a perfect baby girl into the world! Riley Grace White was born 2 weeks early weighing 6 lbs 3 oz and 17 3/4 inches long. (I've mentioned Lacy in earlier blogs but as a reminder, she is my niece that is only 6 years younger and closer in age to me than either of my sisters. )



It nearly killed me yesterday to be so far away! I wanted to be there so bad that I teared up every time I got a status update. Lacy really started labor last week and I was hoping Riley would come last week so I could hop on a flight to Richmond, VA to meet her. Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to go now since I have a shower this weekend in CO and next weekend is getting a little late in my pregnancy to fly by myself.

Hopefully Riley and Colton will get to meet soon enough, maybe Thanksgiving. Lacy and I are both hooked up on Skype so that will have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. congradulate to lacy and boomer, bring her down for tomatoe gravy

    ReplyDelete