Thursday, September 10, 2009

Breech Baby Update

Today at my 36 week appointment it was confirmed that our little rebel is still breech. I didn't need an ultrasound to tell me that since I can feel his little feet poking into my side most of the day but the U/S did confirm it. Other than that though, everything is great. His heartbeat is good, he is measuring on target and I'm still feeling great.

So, what now? After much discussion with the doctor, we've decided that we are going to try the ECV (the doctor will manually try to turn him) next Friday the 18th when I will be 37+ weeks. This is done in the hospital since there is a chance (less than 1%) that something could happen and an emergency C-section may be necessary. In the meantime, I'm going to continue trying the Chinese Moxibustion treatments and also a chiropractic treatment called the Webster Technique. If in the end, he is still breech then we will know we tried everything and a C-section is meant to be.

I do want to stress to everyone that Chad and I are not at all worried or upset about the situation. It is what it is and everything will turn out the way it is meant to be. This is one of those things we can't control. We will continue to pray and ask for your prayers that the best outcome will be!

As I mentioned, I feel great! I keep waiting for the "I'm miserable get this baby out of me" feeling but so far so good. I'm still working out about 5 times a week, staying active getting the house ready, running errands and still sleeping good except for the once to twice a night potty breaks. I really can't complain so I feel extremely fortunate.

5 comments:

  1. STILL NEED TO GET ON THE GREEN TRACTOR , THAT WOULD TURN HIM !!, AH ALL WILL BE FINE I`M SURE ,LOVE YA CHARLES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everything will be fine....God knows best! Can't wait to see my grandson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a nice attitude, that´s the way to think! Everything will be okay at the end. I am 38 weeks and waiting. No signs of prelabor yet, but also no signs of problems. He seems pretty comfortable inside. Good luck, Isabel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of you on Friday!!!
    -Kimberly Collins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Wiley! I was wondering what your decision was going to be....Following your instincts are always best! Glad you are feeling good! Let me know how the ECV goes.

    ReplyDelete