Friday, September 18, 2009

Rebel, I tell ya!

We've had another confirmation that we are not in control of little Colton Earl! As I'm sure everyone knows we went this morning for a version (ECV) to try to turn our little guy and he was not having it.

The procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. When I arrived at the hospital they monitored his heart rate for a while and then hooked me up to a IV. I was given a drug to relax my uterus and a little something to take the edge off the pain. Along with an ultrasound my doctor physically put her hands on my abdomen and tried to grasp his little head and butt and turn him around. On the first try she was able to get his head down and as soon as she let go he moved right back. So, she tried again and that really annoyed him. His heart rate started to drop so we all decided to leave him alone and let him be! Afterwards they monitored him for about 2 hours and sent us home.

We are now scheduled to have a C-section two weeks from today on Friday, October 2nd. This is the day after our 4th Anniversary! I'm excited and just glad that we have a plan. If I would happen to go into the labor before the 2nd, we will go straight to the hospital and have an emergency C-section. UNLESS, he decides to turn...there is still a small possibility but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm okay with the C-section. One of my biggest fears is laboring for hours and hours and ending up with one anyway so let's just go ahead and schedule it and not go through all that! :-) Plus, if you know me, you know I believe everything happens for a reason. I'm certain everything is in God's hands and will be fine.

Since I spent most of the past week finishing up my "To Do List Before Colton Arrives", Chad and I can pretty much relax and enjoy our time together before our life changes forever.

I'm pretty tired right now after the morning's activities, so I'm going to try to get in a little nap before we head to the Brad Paisley concert tonight.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers today!

3 comments:

  1. Misty,
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. Not sure if you heard but I ended up having a C after 17 hours of labor. Our little Evan is 4 weeks old today. You and Colton will be just fine and well taken care of I'm sure. I think a C is easier on baby anyway. Let me know if you need anything or have any questions since I've just done my own "Baby Story". Lots of love and best wishes to you and your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your all set! You have had a great baby story...so you should have live tape of the delivery. Just kidding! I'll be in NY that weekend so I'll give you a call that Mon. Hope it all goes well! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more weekend for R&R Enjoy these last few days before he makes the scene!!!
    I can't wait for his arrival...
    love all of you.

    ReplyDelete